Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Review: Dove Arising

Dove Arising Dove Arising by Karen Bao
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been seeing this book on the shelves for a while at the library, and only now have I managed to finally pick up a copy and read it. Though I see that its GR average is pretty surprisingly low, that's not much of a surprise to me given how many elements it borrows from other YA books - notably Ender's Game, Divergent, The Lunar Chronicles, and even Legend - just try and tell me this book and Legend don't have similar cover art, especially. So, yes, it's a bit of a Grand Mashup of Everything - but that's part of what makes it so cool and readable. Especially when you realize how much China's infamous Cultural Revolution inspired this book.

Two more in the trilogy? Bring it on.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment