Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Review: Ignite Me

Ignite Me Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another lousy good book from Tahereh Mafi!

I must add I was pleasantly surprised to find myself switching ships. God, Mafi not only sank my original ship, she torpedoed it with extreme prejudice for shit's sake (as Kenji would say). And it's definitely for the better, too, because of the character growth and development involved in the victorious ship, and the unexpected character regression in the original (which, I now notice, includes a real ton of ableist insults which, of course, Juliette does not tolerate.)

And I have to say that while Chapter 55 was certainly hot and heavy, I have a confession: Chapter 58 is even more so, IMHO.

Ave atque vale to the original Shatter Me trilogy...but not forever, not to this story world. Not when there's a new trilogy on the horizon, and thank God for that!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment