Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Review: Masquerade

Masquerade Masquerade by Laura Lam
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Luckily, having discovered the first two books of Micah Grey's trilogy pretty late, I only wound up having to wait about a year and a half before finally getting around to the long-awaited conclusion - and thank the Lord and Lady that Laura Lam got to see the whole series through in the end, because I, for one, would've been extremely devastated if Micah and Drystan didn't get their shot at a happy ending. That said, though...haha, I almost said "that sad," because while this book does devote a good amount of time to wrapping up the story's loose threads and constantly twisting and subverting expectations and just being full of beautiful imagery that begs for a movie adaptation yesterday, there were also tons of feels-making moments with Micah and Drystan's ongoing romance - imperfect, but lovely and sweet and Styx, I'm jealous of them for each having someone to love!

I have no idea what Lam's giving us next. Maybe a new Pacifica book (I'm still counting on her taking us to the Pacific Northwest for the next one), maybe another YA book of some stripe. I don't know.

But for now, I bid Micah, Drystan, and all their beautiful coterie ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment