Saturday, November 11, 2017

Review: Scarlet

Scarlet Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's hard to say which I like more: the OUAT-verse or The Lunar Chronicles. Though I'd probably go with the latter only because the true stellar-ness of OUAT lies in its all-too-short-lived Wonderland spinoff, which, by coincidence, I remember I was watching around the same time that I discovered The Lunar Chronicles. Which might explain why Scarlet and Wolf in this book remind me so much of my failed Knalice ship, except maybe not so failed here...and of course with Scarlet bearing a stronger resemblance to Merida than Alice, but that's neither here nor there, really. Scarlet continues this series in fine form, building even more of this world with a whole new heroine while continuing to add to Cinder's story (and introducing fan-favorite Carswell Thorne and the Rampion in the process, of course), and continuing Kai's story as well as he has to deal with Levana's ramping-up threat. Bottom line, Marissa Meyer is a YA genius, virtually unparalleled, and I live for the day when all her books, starting with The Lunar Chronicles, get their long-overdue film adaptations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment