Thursday, November 30, 2017

Review: Winter

Winter Winter by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Marissa Meyer's conclusion to her star-making series is 800 pages of perfection. It's got that perfect romance-action-humor-feels balance which all writers (myself included) really should strive for. It's got the four coolest heroines this side of Orphan Black or Buffy or Once Upon A Time. Here we have Cinder, the face of the rebellion, alongside Scarlet, the warrior spirit; Cress, the brains; and Winter, the heart. And for a villain, we can do no better than the supremely detestable Levana, among the worst non-Umbridge, non-Negan Big Bads ever put to paper. I've wanted to see her get what's coming to her for four books now.

At 800 pages, it's a little daunting. But hey, our good guys really have to fight to earn their happy endings, and fight they do, to the bitter end. With the main series now over, I'm sad to wish The Lunar Chronicles ave atque vale. Though I'll soon be rereading Stars Above, though, to complete the set fully!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment