Thursday, December 28, 2017

Review: Angelfall

Angelfall Angelfall by Susan Ee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4000 five-star reviews on Amazon (according to the back cover blurb) can't be wrong. Well, maybe they can be wrong, but not for this novel. It takes the Silicon Valley that I've lived near for so long and turns it into a disaster zone of epic proportions, and stars a pair of unforgettable characters - Penryn Young, being a Katniss Everdeen-type but with martial arts instead of archery, and Raffe, the sarcastic, de-winged angel who feels strongly reminiscent of Castiel.

Maybe I've been getting into way too many YA apocalypse novels, but given my poor experience with some of these (namely, the lousy Ashes) that I'm just desperate to find better versions of such stuff to cleanse the taste from my mouth. This one qualifies for sure, especially given it inspired me to create my "Why Isn't This A Bloody Movie Yet?" shelf. Yeah.

AngelfallThe Hunger Games,, of course, with The Walking Dead, Supernatural, and unbelievably, The Event (anyone who ever watched that show should immediately know what I mean after finishing this book.) It's a real shame that it flies under the radar as much as it does, but hopefully someday they'll make the bloody movie out of it and it'll finally get the recognition it deserves.

Soon, I'll be rereading Books 2 and 3 and hoping to see more new material from Susan Ee someday!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment