Saturday, December 16, 2017

Review: It Devours!

It Devours! It Devours! by Joseph Fink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At some point, I'm going to need to pick up the printed collections of the Welcome to Night Vale podcast transcripts to increase my exposure to this weird and wonderful world. As for this second full-length novel from Fink and Cranor, it's another delightfully macabre tale, this time dialing up the Lovecraftian horror and highlighting the balance between science and faith and how opposites may often attract. It Devours! boasts a better, more cohesive, and more memorable story than the first novel, and thankfully doesn't require reading that first novel in order to enjoy it. This one, I'll be more easily able to recommend to customers at the Stanford bookstore, no problem.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment