Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Review: Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier

Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier by Mark Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm sure this 150-page Final Dossier contains a few spoilers for the 18-episode Twin Peaks revival, but I couldn't really tell, and in any case, it was a pretty good read. Not as in-depth as The Secret History, of course, and certainly a lot less historical-conspiracy oriented, but for its deep dive into what happened to a lot of popular characters in the 25-year-plus gap between the original series and the revival, it was fairly engrossing - and, at the very least, did eventually bring about some kind of resolution to "HOW'S ANNIE?!?!?!?!" I guess David Lynch, even if he fought tooth and nail, failed to prevent the answers from coming to light. Thank God for Mark Frost, in that case.

Someday, I'll be able to complete my journey through Twin Peaks and finally watch the revival. That day might be a long ways off yet, but it'll come. I promise.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment