Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review: Runebinder

Runebinder Runebinder by Alex R. Kahler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Happy Valentine's Day from the world of YA, I suppose, with this book that packs a postapocalyptic punch of fantasy and paranormal and elementals and romance. Alex R. Kahler is going on my list of authors I need to read more of, just based on the promise I'm seeing here. Combining the heat level of Shatter Me and the heart-in-throat action of The 100, this, the story of a young man named Tenn who fights monsters and doesn't make an effort to hide his emotions on a regular basis. Also, did I mention the all-male love triangle? I can't say I've ever seen one of those - the Half Bad trilogy is probably the closest I've come to seeing one. And while I'm sure my ship isn't gonna sail, I still can't help but root aggressively for Tenn and Jarrett. (Tennret?) Be warned, though - there is a TON of death in this book, and I mean a TON. There's also some pretty tantalizing hooks right at the end, and I understand Kahler's already announced a sequel which will at least partially focus on a new guy. To which all I can say is...bring it on.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment