Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Review: The Sandman

The Sandman The Sandman by Lars Kepler
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'll probably get back to this book eventually, as I did with the first three Joona Linna stories from the Kepler team, but The Sandman, which I found an ARC for behind the scenes at the Stanford bookstore, was a major disappointment for me. I wanted to really like this one, I did, but I feel like this book played up so many of the usual annoying aspects of the previous Kepler books - considerable length and excessively short chapters - that attempting to read it felt like more trouble than it was worth. The choppy writing seriously inhibits my getting truly absorbed in the story this time.

Again, maybe I'll come back to this book someday, but for now, it's a DNF.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment