Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Review: Fireblood

Fireblood Fireblood by Elly Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Somehow, my review of Frostblood became one of my most-viewed on my blog - my most-viewed book review ever, I think, and second only to my coming-out post in total views. I'm not sure this one'll come anywhere close to those stats, but if so, it'd be just as weird and random as the Frostblood review, short and little-fanfared as it was. This book shall go similarly little-fanfared by me. It's not a bad book, but not exactly a good one either. Maybe a shade better than its predecessor, especially in the second half when it becomes clear just how sinister the mystery really is. But the first half just feels way too long a slog to get through that it's almost not worth it to get there. Almost. It does validate itself in the end, I promise you that. And as soon as my library gets ahold of Nightblood, I'll be sure to order it. Or maybe wind up waiting several months like I did for this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment