Thursday, July 12, 2018

Review: The Legacy Chronicles: Trial by Fire

The Legacy Chronicles: Trial by Fire The Legacy Chronicles: Trial by Fire by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Just like with the Lorien Legacies parent series, so Lorien Legacies Reborn gets itself a series of ebook novella spinoffs, and just in time for the latest entry in the series, Fugitive Six, we finally get the first three novellas in this series bound up in print together for those of us, like me, who don't do ebooks. Man, I'm always super happy that Pittacus Lore can print-publish these stories in such a timely manner. *side eyes Cassie Clare for often taking a year or two to finally put out the Bane Chronicles or Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy compilations* And this little three-story collection does the job pretty well, focusing back on old faves Six and Sam (and a little bit of newcomer Nemo as well) while starting to bridge the gap between Generation One and Fugitive Six. I guess the Legacies Reborn and Legacy Chronicles series are going to be more or less strictly chronological, unlike how the original series' supplementary ebooks went all over the place in the timeline. It's a change I can appreciate from the Pittacus Lore team, though, taking on a bit of different style. Though I'm not happy that Six and Sam are relegated to third-person POV like everyone else in this second phase of the Lorienverse, again, their presence in these stories is a most welcome breath of fresh air. And it helps me get sufficiently super-pumped for Fugitive Six, which I finally picked up from the library today. I'll be sure to read it sometime in the next 2-3 weeks or so!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment