Friday, December 18, 2015

Review: Angel Killer

Angel Killer Angel Killer by Andrew Mayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I discovered this one when Andrew Mayne followed me on Twitter. His books looked interesting enough, so I followed him back and ordered this first book right away, as well as the second one.

I was not disappointed.

It comes in a larger-than-normal paperback like many lesser-known mystery novels I've seen - most of which are of the Christian-fiction variety. This one, though...not so much, not with the heavy use of Satanic imagery in the killer's warped worldview. The heavy use of R-rated language would also make this one decidedly unsuitable for those who want a Christian mystery novel - the best of which, I still believe, is the work of Steven James. James' work on the Bowers Files is a pretty good comparison to this book, and like the Bowers Files, I suspect this series will get better and better - not to mention more downright scary - as it goes along.

Luckily, Book 2 is already in my To-Read pile. A review on that one will come soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment