Friday, December 25, 2015

Review: The Shadow Prince

The Shadow Prince The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At first, I found the Haden chapters to be the book's weak point, until he and his little entourage began their work on How To Pass For Human. Hilariously, they failed in a lot of key ways, and their initial reactions to just about everything - Teslas, iPhones, etc. - were amusing as Tartarus.

Then, as the book moved on and Haden and Daphne's interactions grew more interesting, the story really picked up. In particular - the revelations triggered by the "Requiem for Dead Mothers" song. I was honestly surprised by the unexpected level of feels from that one.

And with the biggest revelations of all re: the Greek gods as reimagined in this book...Percy Jackson it ain't, but not in a bad way at all.

I'll be reading the second book soon. Stay tuned!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment