Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: ARK-13

ARK-13 ARK-13 by B.B. Gallagher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

B.B. Gallagher's latest book is now freshly completed on Wattpad for your reading pleasure. Not unlike Project Sparta, it's got tons of high-stakes action, although this time Gallagher's trying his hand at a different genre - sci-fi as opposed to spy fiction, and with more adult characters as opposed to Sparta's YA. Especially in its second half, the book has a breakneck, cinematic pace, leading up to a major twist ending - one I admittedly saw coming, but was still surprised because I'd tricked myself into thinking that twist would NOT happen in the end. It was a bit of a logic bomb in my head, not unlike that scene in Princess Bride where Vizzini tries to rationalize how he won't be getting the poisoned cup, except he will, so he won't drink it, and...I need to see that movie again to get a better idea of how that went.

With luck, one day Gallagher's books will be on the shelves at major retailers everywhere. But for now, we Wattpadders are lucky to count him among our ranks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment