Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: A Red-Rose Chain

A Red-Rose Chain A Red-Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More Toby Daye tales are always just what the doctor ordered. Her wickedly dry sense of humor is the biggest plus of all, as always. She and Tybalt have excellent chemistry together, chemistry that just begs to be depicted on screen (I'd love to see Emma Stone for Toby and Sebastian Stan for Tybalt.) The side characters are as colorful and fun as ever (just look at the way the Luidaeg can't help but be rude on the phone all the time, or Quentin sleeping in the car and saying "I hate you" every time Toby tries to wake him up.)

Sure, I've seen that there are some complaining about the "sameness" of every new book in this series, but this is a formula that, for me, works very well. Who knows, though? Maybe the formula will change soon. *imagines Seanan McGuire steepling her fingers like Sherlock and contemplating giving her characters unspeakable fates*

Now...when can we get a crossover between Toby and the cast of InCryptid? I seriously would love to see her reaction to those unlawfully adorable Aeslin mice (although I bet she thinks the rose goblins are cuter.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment