Friday, January 8, 2016

Review: Soundless

Soundless Soundless by Richelle Mead
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the Vampire Academy 'verse. I was okay with Gameboard of the Gods. I could not, however, get into this book at all. Right away, it's very slow and boring and not at all engaging. It takes a long time for the expected twist - Fei miraculously becoming the only one in her village who can hear - to come, and when it does, it's easy to miss. You would think that that's the sort of thing that would provoke a cliffhanger ending to the chapter to make it easier to notice. In the hands of an author like Pittacus Lore, or Sarah Benson, or...heck, myself, if my readers' reactions are anything to go by, you'd know when the twist comes.

So I decided to DNF this, and after examining other reviews for this book, I think I might have made the right decision. For Chinese-folklore-inspired stories, I'll just stick to Into The Badlands, thanks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment