Monday, January 11, 2016

Review: Welcome to Night Vale

Welcome to Night Vale Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've heard tell of the podcast on which this novel is based, often in the same sentence as such cult-classic weird TV shows as Twin Peaks and Gravity Falls. So I knew what to expect when I cracked open this book after finally finding a spare copy at the library. As far as Weird Small Town Paranormal Dramedies go, Gravity Falls is still my favorite, but this book helps make Night Vale a close second on the list of Weirdest Fictional Places In America. I throw around the term "Fforde-like" and variations thereof quite often, and this is just another book that deserves such comparison.

Oh, and it helps that the book comes recommended by the likes of Wil Wheaton and Ransom Riggs, so if you don't trust my opinion (and you probably don't, given that I believe in mountains and consume wheat and wheat by-products on a daily basis), at least trust theirs.

Now...someday, I'll start listening to the podcast - which, for whatever reason, I've never done. Hell, maybe I'll start tonight, if I have the time and energy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment