Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Review: See How They Run

See How They Run See How They Run by Ally Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Welcome back to Malta...sorry, Adria, where mysteries lurk behind every corner, royal history imbues every nook and cranny, and the old Iranian embassy still serves as a perfect hiding place for diplomats' teenage offspring. Along the way, our friend Grace gets herself involved in an all-female secret society of what basically amounts to Adrian Eastern Star, travels through an ancient pyramid like she's Indiana Jones or something, and of course becomes embroiled in another unexpected murder mystery.

As with its predecessor, all this leads up to a shocking, and do I mean SHOCKING, cliffhanger ending. Sure, it's a trope that some might think crops up annoyingly often in YA, but I'm reasonably sure this particular brand of revelation hasn't appeared in a book of this genre, nor has it waited till the end of Book 2 to make itself known.

I wonder, is Book 3 going to be the end of the series? Either way, I'll still be waiting for it pretty eagerly. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment