Saturday, March 5, 2016

Review: The Eternal World: A Novel

The Eternal World: A Novel The Eternal World: A Novel by Christopher Farnsworth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been waiting for a long time for another Christopher Farnsworth book - and while this isn't the Nathaniel Cade continuation I've been really dying to read, this standalone thriller, based on the same Fountain of Youth legend that inspired the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, is a nice little piece of wild and crazy action to tide us Cade fans over. It makes all the sense in the world that the Spanish explorers who discovered the Fountain of Youth have made themselves a neat little immortal business empire over time, an empire now in jeopardy because their precious Water is now in limited supply. Nice little metaphor for the world's considerable dependence on oil and pharmaceuticals, isn't it? Best of all, the book's a slow burn, in that you know what the premise is based on the dust jacket, but the plot takes its sweet time to set the backstory up, in small doses every so often.

Overall, it's a good book. But I still really hope we get the fourth Cade book soon, because that one's gonna knock my socks off, of that I'm certain.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment