Saturday, March 12, 2016

Review: Kinslayer

Kinslayer Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is somewhat longer and more sprawling than its predecessor, which isn't really a good thing. Sure, there are a few really wild and crazy action sequences, and Yukiko and Buruu really make a great team - especially when Buruu starts making philosophical questions about why human mating is so messy and involves so much tongue. (I wouldn't know.) Unfortunately, these moments of fun and high intensity are saddled with slow spots throughout, not unlike an Alex Bracken book. So while I'm still looking forward to Book 3, I'm not sure I'll enjoy ending this trilogy as much as I did starting it. (But to be fair, compared to Illuminae, everything else from Kaufman and/or Kristoff is going to pale.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment