Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Review: The Great Zoo of China

The Great Zoo of China The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

And here's the unstoppable high-octane thrills I've been missing from Matthew Reilly. Ever since I got into his books a few years ago, I've been dying for the next one, and discovering firsthand just how long he can go between new releases. And then it took me a long time to even realize this book existed - which I wasn't aware of until after I'd finally read The Tournament.

This book is much more in the vein of the Schofield or Jack West Jr. series (which Reilly, at the end of this book, promises he'll return to in good time.) Sure, it's basically Jurassic Park with dragons, but that's just part of the fun. Given that that book is Reilly's favorite, there's no way he wouldn't do a big homage to it and not do it justice. And yes, justice is exactly what he does.

Besides...dragons. Everything's better with dragons. Unless you're a character in this book, in which case, you're royally F-bombed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment