Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Review: Hellraisers

Hellraisers Hellraisers by Alexander Gordon Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a while since Alexander Gordon Smith gave us a new book, and so I went into this one with high hopes based on my previous experience with Escape From Furnace and The Fury. Maybe it's not quite as good as those books, but for what it's worth, you get exactly what you ask for going into this book - horror, action, explosions, and a creepy new mythos combining aspects of demons and djinn.

The romantic part of the story feels unnecessary and tacked on, for some reason. So that's the major reason why this book gets four stars instead of five like everything else I've read from this author. However, Marlow and Charlie's dynamic, and of course the Shan-esque disgustingness everywhere, help make up for it, and I'm pretty eager to read the next two books in this trilogy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment