Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Review: The Isle

The Isle The Isle by Jordana Frankel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first book in this series came out...three years ago, I think? And for a long time, Goodreads had an entry up for this sequel, but it remained mostly empty because The Isle was just such a long time coming.

Come it did, though. And while it's been long enough that I've managed to forget huge chunks of The Ward, I also managed to remember a lot of stuff all over again while reading this book. I like how this one largely does away with the racing angle from The Ward - not that that was a bad thing, but it's definitely good that The Isle didn't just repeat that same running bit over again. Instead, there's more of a treasure-hunt kind of vibe going on, and definitely some heavy supernatural elements towards the end that I wouldn't have expected at the outset.

If there's a third book planned for this series, I hope it doesn't take another three years to get published.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment