Friday, March 25, 2016

Review: The Passenger

The Passenger The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I only wanted to read this one because Lisa Lutz's name was attached to it, and I've spent the last couple of years or so in serious Spellman withdrawal. (The new Rae Spellman spinoff cannot come soon enough!) So I tried to push past the dust jacket's built-in Gone Girl comparison - normally an automatic deal-breaker for me, 'cause I hated that book so much. Thankfully, The Passenger proves to have very little in common with Gillian Flynn's onerously overrated opus. Unfortunately, this also ends up being one of the few books where a fast pace is not to its benefit, as it makes it only too easy to turn the pages and miss plot twists - or even details about the motivations behind this strange lady protagonist of many names.

I guess Lutz needs to either work harder at doing a good Darker and Edgier mystery, or else just stick to the Spellman-esque dark comedy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment