Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Review: Their Fractured Light

Their Fractured Light Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The final novel in this trilogy brings everything full-circle with all the rifts and hyperspace and dreadful stuff that Monsieur LaRoux has been doing because he's a futuristic Corrupt Corporate Executive. And, helping conclude this adventure is another pair of young lovers - although this time they're less star-crossed and more ass-kicking, which I liked. (Not as much as Tarver and Lilac, but better than Flynn and Jubilee.) I also especially liked the frequent Alice in Wonderland references - and with Gideon being the "Knave of Hearts," was that meant to be a subtle nod to the Knalice ship from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? As someone who still believes in Knalice myself (and was quite disappointed when the long-awaited appearance of the Knave on the parent series ended up not building on his story beyond Wonderland's one season, or even giving him any function other than occasional comic relief - I mean, bloody hell!), I'd sure like to think so.

All of this leads up to the last hundred pages or so, when all six heroes of this trilogy are involved in some serious action. It's quite the climax to this trilogy, I think.

Hopefully, Kaufman and Spooner's next collaboration comes soon...but I'm still dying for Gemina more. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment