Thursday, March 3, 2016

Review: This Shattered World

This Shattered World This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was a little disappointed when I learned that Tarver and Lilac wouldn't be the focus of this book, but considering the premise behind this next star-crossed couple of Jubilee and Flynn (military girl and rebel dude), I kept my hopes up. These two romantic leads are quite different from their counterparts in These Broken Stars, but certainly have a similar opposites-attract-after-so-much-tension dynamic. While the story isn't quite as streamlined as in Book 1 (because it's not just our two leads on a survival journey, all alone), and the romance is a little weaker, the return of Tarver and Lilac helps kick-start what I'd been waiting for all along - a return to the mysterious strangeness set up at the end of Stars, and whatever the heck Monsieur LaRoux has been doing to this planet.

Good thing I picked up this book the same day I got Book 1 at the library, yeah?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment