Monday, November 21, 2016

Review: Once Broken Faith

Once Broken Faith Once Broken Faith by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The lady named for the tenth month appears in her tenth full-length novel...sorry, but I had to go there. Seanan McGuire gives us another addictive October Daye story, this time with more than a few parallels to the real-world political issue of gun control, and also with - at last - a world map of the West Coast Faerie kingdoms. (I'm not surprised to see no less than three covering California.) And along the way, we get more of Toby and Tybalt's ongoing romance (they're a ship I'm so happy to sail on), among other ongoing subplots and more fun times with our favorite characters from the Luidaeg (more adolescent than ever) to Quentin (who reminds me more than ever of a certain blond demon boy I love to write.)

Coming soon from the world of Seanan McGuire - my read and review of Chaos Choreography, because God do I miss those Aeslin mice or what? (I'm still waiting for a Toby/Verity crossover of some kind.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment