Monday, November 7, 2016

Review: The Revival

The Revival The Revival by Chris Weitz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was expecting better for this conclusion to the Young World trilogy, but I confess myself a bit disappointed with the final result. It's shorter than I expected, which isn't really to the book's benefit. There are simply too many POV's to keep track of, which makes the story feel pretty disjointed, and there isn't much of a resolution. But at the very least, Weitz keeps things interesting with an always-moving plot, and at least we get to see more of the characters we know and love - Jefferson, Donna, Peter, etc.

If only Weitz could have had the chance to write maybe 100 more pages to settle the most annoying lingering details.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment