Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Review: The Rose & the Dagger

The Rose & the Dagger The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another duology done.

The story begun in The Wrath and the Dawn wraps up neatly in The Rose and the Dagger, which, despite a fairly slow start, picks up the pace in the second half as it completes Ahdieh's lush, multilayered retelling of the Arabian Nights story. As in the first book, characters are this story's strong point, with everyone - especially the points of the love triangle, one of the best ones in YA if I do say so myself - being beautifully complex and compelling.

It's a shame this series is done, but at least Ahdieh's got another good story soon to be published, and I'm now looking forward with great interest to The Flame In The Mist.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment