Sunday, November 13, 2016

Review: The Scorch Trials

The Scorch Trials The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read this book in five years, but when I saw the movie in theaters last year, I remember thinking it was the weakest of the trilogy. Rereading it now, I think I was right - and that while this book was the weakest, the movie adaptation is so much stronger because it took the creative risk of changing the story so much. Not to mention adapting in elements of The Death Cure as well. But compared to the movie, the book feels slower and more plodding.

That said, though, it's unmistakably Dashner, full of action and horror and "Rose took my nose, I suppose." That's always good for a few hours of light reading, yeah?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment