Thursday, December 1, 2016

Review: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for these ten Simon-centric stories.

Too long, that's how long.

Simon's always been my favorite character Cassie Clare ever created, and after the ending of City of Heavenly Fire, I knew there had to be a set of short stories in his future, the way we got The Bane Chronicles. Ten stories, following Simon's days in the Shadowhunter Academy, bridging the gap between CoHF and Lady Midnight (and helping the latter book make even more sense) while also introducing bits of further backstory for, say, Valentine, or Tessa and Will's kids?

As perhaps the biggest Simon fan - and probably the only one who still thinks he and Clary should have paired up - this was absolutely mandatory reading for me, this 600-plus-page, page-turning, turning-my-head brick of a book.

And now, I'm sufficiently tided over till Lord of Shadows finally hits shelves next year.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment