Friday, February 10, 2017

Two Years Of Blogging, Etc.

Two years ago, I started blogging because Andrew Garfield was getting replaced as Spider-Man, and my poor little fanboy heart couldn't take it. Since then, of course, I've accepted Tom Holland as a more than suitable replacement, though I've kept on working on Amazing Spider-Man-centric fanfics because I cannot, will not, ever let go of my top fandom. I'm still nowhere near finished with Deadpool Syndrome: Marvel's Folly.

In my second year on this blog, I've expanded my social media presence a bit. I'm on Instagram now, and Snapchat, and I've also uploaded Red Rain to SwoonReads, where I'm still hoping to try and get it published even if I can't get a literary agent to bite on my queries (from which I've still been taking a long break - four months of six in my SR exclusivity period so far!) And as for the series, I've expanded my plans from four Red Rain books to seven.

Perhaps most importantly, in the wake of America shooting itself in the foot (I'm still waiting for it to rise from the grave, undead but better than ever), I finally did something I still haven't been able to do IRL. That's right - Ricky Pine is now openly bisexual.

I only hope that by the time I present my "Three Years Of Blogging" post in 2018, that not only will there still be an internet to post on, but I'll be a step or two closer to publication on Red Rain - and to being open about myself under my real name as well as my online alias.

I only wish I had as much to say about this particular anniversary. Not only am I swamped with homework and other commitments - I could be getting a position on the editing team for my school's literary review - but I also have to put up with all the bullshit from the rump government that stole our election crossing my Twitter timeline. And also my ongoing search for a girlfriend, which may likely never end because I've coincidentally never been interested in a single single girl, if you know what I mean. Doesn't help that I just got shot down again, because God's determined that I must die a frustrated virgin.

But oh well. Gotta stay a little positive.

Till next time, Pinecones...

#FeedTheRightWolf
Remember: Denis Leary is always watching. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment