Friday, March 24, 2017

Review: The Forever Song

The Forever Song The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finally, three years after this book comes out, I've read and enjoyed it and, for now, I'm all caught up on the complete bibliography of Julie Kagawa. I'm sure if I look back at some of her earlier Iron Fey books, I'd see her remark on how her readers' tears feed her muse, but now this is the earliest I've seen her acknowledge this fact that I remember. And while those tears may be a powerful energy source, they mostly go towards powering up some wild and crazy plot twists. One of which I was predicting all along, only because I didn't want this series to end without a little hope - and because I was pretty sure we never saw a certain body.

It actually gives me a little hope for some of Kagawa's future work, namely the Talon Saga.

And while The Forever Song ends a tad bit openly, knowing how Kagawa also suggested she might return to The Iron Fey someday, I bet she could just as easily return to Blood of Eden someday too.

In which case, I'll now wish this series vas ir...anoshe.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment