Saturday, March 25, 2017

Review: Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've only seen six episodes so far of the Syfy TV series based on these books, but based on that, I wasn't really expecting quite what came up in Leviathan Wakes. It's a massive, expansive (of course) piece of space-opera, a little like Red Rising in its depiction of the future of our solar system a couple hundred years from now (but not progressed to the point where it becomes an enormous space Roman Empire), and also reminding me a lot of the new movie Life, which I'm dying to see still, because of its depiction of a vomitously disgusting alien...something that sure seems to have a taste for human flesh.

Though it's not my favorite book ever, this one's motivated me to finish the first season of The Expanse that much sooner.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment