Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Review: Mistborn

Mistborn Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been wanting to explore this section of Sanderson's Cosmere for a while, but it's been hard to get ahold of the books because my library has a way of losing them. After getting reminded by my friend Aimal (though she wasn't so impressed with the book herself), I finally ordered it from another library, and now I've read this first book and judged that maybe Aimal was right - the book's a little bit overrated, though not bad at all. The story's pretty hard to follow sometimes, even with what should be a fairly easy to keep track of story of rebellion and revolution, but at least there's a cool magic system (comprised of variously powered metals) to keep the reader engaged.

Hopefully, the remaining books in this series won't be so hard to find at the library, not like this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment