Saturday, April 15, 2017

Review: Conjuror

Conjuror Conjuror by John Barrowman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've heard that John Barrowman's been getting into the author game with his sister Carole, but until now I'd never picked up any of their books. As a first impression of Barrowman and Barrowman as authors, this was a pretty good one. Conjuror is short but very fast-paced and uniquely terrific, loaded with artistic-based superpowers and history-bending galore. Though I'm a little weirded out by the PG-13 levels of cussing - not that it normally bothers me, but it only does so here because I feel that without it, this book would have been perfectly marketable as middle-grade - the book is so unbelievably quick to read. I was actually able to swallow it all in under an hour, even.

To my surprise, the notes at the end of the book reveal that Matt and Em are the stars of another series from the Barrowmans. I'm going to have to look into those books sometime...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment