Thursday, April 13, 2017

Review: Heart of the Storm

Heart of the Storm Heart of the Storm by Michael Buckley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really loved Undertow and liked Raging Sea, but didn't love it nearly as much as its predecessor. The trilogy's conclusion, Heart of the Storm, has a quality level more in terms of Book 2 - it's got plenty of action, and plenty of frequent lampshading of the hackneyed story elements, but overall doesn't pack quite the same punch as the deadly, social-commentary-laden first book. And while the love triangle's finally resolved, Lyric spends much of the book kinda flip-flopping around on which boy she wants to pair off with, and when she finally makes her choice, I'm sad to say that, as so often happens with me, I shipped wrong. But hey, the trilogy at least wraps up wonderfully, bringing the war between the humans and the Alpha - and the age-old enemy of the Alpha - to its long-awaited conclusion.

To the Undertow trilogy, I now say ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment