Thursday, May 18, 2017

Review: Replica

Replica Replica by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I guess Lauren Oliver really isn't the author for me, because while I enjoyed the first two Delirium books well enough, I thought the third wasn't so great, Panic was kinda meh, and now there's Replica. It promises a sort of Orphan Black-Max Ride kind of story, and it's very uniquely laid out, with the first half of the book narrated by Lyra and the second half, printed backwards and upside down so you literally have to turn the book over to read it, by Gemma. Lyra's POV proves much more engaging, though, simply because she's discovering more of the world, while Gemma comes across as entitled and rude and stuck with a perpetual chip on her shoulder that makes me not want to connect with her...though, of course, I can't help it.

I'm surprised that there's actually going to be a sequel to this. I might read it, I might not...but if I do, I probably won't be first in line for it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment