Thursday, May 11, 2017

Review: The Thousandth Floor

The Thousandth Floor The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

So I've seen this book on store shelves for a while, and I thought, maybe it'd be a good book? It had an interesting idea, with its futuristic premise and all, and that cover is some beautiful stuff. But then, all that glitters is not gold. Often, it's merely a gold veneer covering absolute crap. (A certain Orange Menace ought to know all about that.) That, sadly, is what this book is - a glossy sci-fi sheen, but underneath it's populated with a bunch of annoying, hard-partying futuristic teenagers who do next to nothing to get me interested in them. Well, maybe Watt, because he seems cool. But when he's the only remotely likable one out of the book's five POV characters, and you see a lot of other people's reviews saying this one is basically sci-fi Gossip Girl...well, that's my cue to give up only about fifty pages in.

DNF, and I don't think I'm coming back anytime soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment