Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Review: Reckoning

Reckoning Reckoning by Kerry Wilkinson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So I went into this one seeing that it was a British-themed YA dystopian, and reading it, I was able to see that I wasn't wrong. (Funny thing - I actually picked up the second book in the series by accident at first, and then I had to take it back and wait for this first one to come in after ordering it.) Basically, it's exactly what I expected - a YA dystopian that mashes up elements of all the biggest hits of the genre (Hunger Games, Divergent, The Testing, Legend, etc.) in a post-apocalyptic UK setting. So this book, story-wise, doesn't really tread any new ground, but it's at least an interesting storyline with compelling heroes, even if they have to deal with a villain who just comes across as a one-dimensional royal psychopath.

At the very least, I'll have no problem picking up the remaining books in the trilogy and reading them in pretty quick succession - and hey, maybe they'll improve on this book too!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment