Friday, August 11, 2017

Review: Zodiac

Zodiac Zodiac by Romina Russell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really more of a 3.5, but I'll be cool and round this one up to a 4. The idea of this series - a science-fantasy with an astrological bent - was too cool to pass up when I first discovered this series a couple of years ago, but at the time, I felt like its execution left a lot to be desired, and the second book didn't really cut it for me, so I kinda passed on it for a while. But now, I'm thinking maybe a sort of slow binge might be to this series' benefit, especially since, as far as I know, the final book is about to hit shelves very soon.

Even though this first book is pretty short and suffers from a villain who literally hides in the shadows and whose motivations are known only through the (possibly slanted?) accounts of in-universe folklore, the rest of the cast of characters are engaging and lovable and you really need them all to survive...except of course they don't.

As of today, I've ordered Wandering Star at the library, and hopefully I'll love that one a hell of a lot more - didn't I give that one only one star and a DNF at first?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment