Monday, September 18, 2017

Review: Ruin and Rising

Ruin and Rising Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third and final entry of the Grisha Trilogy - though not the entire Grishaverse - is dark and full of terrors, and also full of tons of twists building up to an ending you'll probably see coming, but that won't make it hurt any less, I don't think. Those tons of twists, they pile up like mad as the story goes on, and you'll have wondered why you won't have predicted a few of them earlier - and then you'll also hope to the Saints that Alina and company find some way to subvert them, for everyone's sake. (Except that of the Darkling, of course.)

On the other hand, at least my ship sails, though not without some seriously rough seas.

To the Grisha Trilogy, I now get to say, once again after three years, ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment