Thursday, June 7, 2018

Review: My Life as a White Trash Zombie

My Life as a White Trash Zombie My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another rec from Harry, and this one I'll for sure be able to help him sell at work too! It comes in a small package, a DAW Fantasy paperback just like a lot of Seanan McGuire's books, and also like Seanan McGuire, Diana Rowland manages to pack her little book with a ton of punch. And as someone who's #iZombieObsessed till the end and beyond, it was really fun of me to note the parallels between this book and that show. Most notably, the fact that our reluctant zombie works in the morgue, where she can have pretty ready access to brains. And heck, this one takes place in Louisiana, home to Deadboy and the Elephantmen, aka the band behind iZombie's kickass theme song.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rob Thomas, Diane Ruggiero-Wright, and all their iZombie writers were, uh, inspired by this here book.

Next order of business - read the sequels! If I can find them at any library, that is...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment