Monday, July 27, 2015

Review: Vicious

Vicious Vicious by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I believe I once saw Schwab tweet that, for the two main characters in this book, we weren't supposed to root for one over the other. And yet, I found myself doing exactly that - rooting for Victor, who spent much of this book being the universe's cosmic bitch while his former friend Eli became a Villain With Good Publicity whose personality and methods were a little too Sam-Jackson-in-Jumper meets Ellen Faustino for my taste. Not to mention, Eli's extraordinary (EO, not to be confused with the captain once played by Michael Jackson) superpower of invulnerability was a more boring one than Victor's Rogue/Juliette Ferrars-style ability. Or Sydney's amazing and freakish power to raise the dead.

All this OMG-insanity makes for a magnificent, and magnificently insane, story. I'm not sure why my library doesn't carry this one - every library and bookstore should, seriously.

I really hope there's a sequel, though. Because the ending to this book just demands one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment