Thursday, October 4, 2018

Review: The Heart Forger

The Heart Forger The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Let me be perfectly clear, this sequel to The Bone Witch is every bit as unique as its predecessor, and every bit as uniquely hard for me to rate. The world-building work has mostly been done in the first book, so this one's a little less dense and meaty on that front. But it's still a very long read all the same. That said, though, the stakes (I almost typed "steaks" because I'm watching tonight's episode of The Good Place, set in a parodic "American" steakhouse in Australia, as I type this) are significantly higher here in The Heart Forger, and it really shows in the increased intrigue in the court as well. And luckily, I did a quick reread of The Bone Witch first. Maybe I'll do the same for both the first two books when The Shadowglass comes out soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment