Monday, July 8, 2019

Review: Out of the Shadows

Out of the Shadows Out of the Shadows by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since Return to Zero is, supposedly, the end of the 'verse begun with I Am Number Four - a real shame, but not really all that surprising due to steadily declining sales over the course of this decade - I'm going to guess that, similarly, this bind-up of novellas is the last we're going to get as well. If so, though, it helps ensure that the series is looking to go out with a bang - and no doubt it already has, but I haven't read Return to Zero yet, so I really can't say for sure. But this set of three stories is a pretty cool one, following Six and Sam and Nemo and a few other new friends - most notably a guy named Max who gets swept up into all sorts of Mogadorian shenanigans - as they get taken all across the US, their powers variously drained by serums and parasites...and then what a bloody cliffhanger! For sure, this one's almost more essential reading before the final full novel than even last year's Fugitive Six was. Now, though, all I have to do is wait for my library order of Return to Zero to come in...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment