Monday, December 12, 2022

Review: Mistborn: Secret History

Mistborn: Secret History Mistborn: Secret History by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this story a while back as part of Arcanum Unbounded, but rereading it now while I'm waiting for The Lost Metal at the library, it's become clear to me that I'm seriously overdue for a complete reread of this section of the Cosmere, right from the beginning. I'm very glad Sanderson got to give this book its own binding, though, because it's got so many key concepts of not only Mistborn to go over, but also the Cosmere in general. At this point, while I'd always recommend The Stormlight Archive, it's clear that a read of the original Mistborn trilogy, immediately followed by this story, will help make the multiverse of the Cosmere make so much more sense to anyone who hasn't set foot in it before. And, hell, to anyone who's been reading these books as much as I have, especially in recent years as I've come to appreciate Sanderson so much more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment