Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Review: Chain of Thorns

Chain of Thorns Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hey, there are actually some peeps who do want more Shadowhunters stories. This boy included. Bring it on, Cassie! Don't let the negativity and teh angryzorz get you down.

By writing these words, Clearly I Have Made Some Bad Decisions.

And those words helped, for years and years as Clare kept steadily working her way through the world of Shadowhunters up to this point, to make my pre review of Chain of Thorns one of my most liked GR posts in a long, long time. And while this conclusion to The Last Hours, the most hit or miss Cassandra Clare series for me yet, also took a long, long time to grace us with its nearly 800 pages, it’s absolutely been worth the wait. The adventures of Cordelia, Grace, James and Lucie, Thomas and Christopher, even that inveterate arsehat Alistair (though admittedly I’ve softened on him somewhat by now.) And while this book gets pretty epic over its sheer length, it also, not unlike Clockwork Princess as opposed to other finales in this universe, just feels so peaceful to finally be over.

Over for now, but Clare will be back after a long hiatus.

And until then, ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment