Doing Time by Jodi TaylorMy rating: 2 of 5 stars
I picked up this book thinking it would be a great time-travel adventure kind of story, and somehow...I don't know, it just fell flat for me, for some reason. The concept is a strong one - eerily predicting the TVA from Loki several years before that show first streamed on Disney+, and I'm surprised the notoriously litigious producers of El Ministerio del Tiempo didn't try to accuse Jodi Taylor of ripping them off the way they did with Timeless (which is how I first heard about them, and it's a shame the writer loves to sue the pants off everyone because that show was damn good stuff.) I think for me, what really brings this book down is the cast of characters, who feel like they belong more in a sitcom than anything else, but the humor just doesn't really land for me. Shame, that. I guess I won't be continuing with this series after all.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment